Groove Class: Get in the Rhythm.
With practice and dedication, any musician can develop the ability to groove. There is no shortage of "YouTube chops."
The Groove Class is an online course designed to help musicians of all levels develop their groove skills and connect with their audience on a deeper level. The goal of this class is not only to make you better musicians but also to make you feel more comfortable playing with other musicians. Through a series of lessons, backing tracks, exercises and examples, you'll learn how to lock in with a rhythm section, create tension and release, and communicate with other players. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced musician, this course provides the perfect solution to the common problems of struggling with rhythm, timing, and phrasing. Join The Groove Class today and unlock the groove within you!
In the Groove Class, you'll unleash your potential using the latest tech like DAWs (Digital Audio Workstation), video and audio recorders, and perfect microphones.
We'll be covering a range of topics, including rhythm, timing, phrasing, and feel. In the listening hang, we'll listen to some classic recordings and analyze what makes them groove.
Evaluation and Directions
Regularly evaluating yourself is key to improvement. Self-evaluation is crucial, but getting feedback from an objective source can also help you identify specific areas for improvement.
Guitarist, Composer, Musical Director / Vinny Valentino
"Knowing how to play behind other musicians and making them feel valued and important has been key to my success.
It's not about being flashy or showing off; it's about creating a supportive musical environment where everyone can shine and feel like they're an essential part of the performance.
Ultimately, it's all about making the audience feel the music and creating a memorable experience for them."
This class is about unlocking the groove within you. It's about connecting with the rhythm and finding your place in the music. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced musician, you'll benefit from this class. You'll learn new skills, make new connections, and most importantly, have fun.
Knowing how to play behind other musicians and making them feel valued and important has been key to my success. It's not about being flashy or showing off; it's about creating a supportive musical environment where everyone can shine and feel like they're an essential part of the performance.
Groove is not just about playing the right notes or rhythms; it's about understanding the feel and flow of the music, and being able to communicate that feeling to your audience.
Here’s what people are saying about the Groove Class
What I got was a whole lot more
"When I joined Vinny's Groove Class in 2018, my goal was to improve my time and feel. What I got was a whole lot more. Through the playalong lessons and individual one-on-one support, my time and groove improved tremendously as did my approach to ensemble playing."
Scott Cain - drummer
"The Discussions, Projects & Reviews We’ve Embarked Upon Are Super Fun & Have Taught, Improved, or Upped My Game in Ear Training, Timing, Song Structure, Recording & Production. Real, Honest Feedback From Vinny & Fellow Students Provide the Tools & Building Blocks Necessary for Me to Become a Contributor & Collaborate with Other Musicians."
Michelle S - Drummer
Get the gigs by knowing what musicians are looking for
“As a drummer, I’m hired based upon how good my groove is. If the band, and audience is feeling good, the gigs and studio work will follow. Vinny knows what it takes and what musicians are looking for in a musical setting."
Michael Meille - drummer
Here is a glimpse of what the Groove Class is
This is 3 of the 5 Modules with over 25 lessons in all. I will personally guide you throughout.
Module 1: Internal Pulse
Module 2: Recording & Playing
Get the Course Now!
Practice makes perfect? Not really.
Here are 10 crucial principles I follow when practicing anything. It has helped me become the musician I am today.
- Consistency is key! Make sure you're practicing regularly and dedicating time to hone your skills and develop muscle memory.
- Focus, focus, focus! Eliminate distractions and channel your concentration during practice for maximum effectiveness.
- Set goals for yourself. Make sure they're specific and attainable, and break down larger objectives into smaller milestones. This will help you track your progress and stay motivated.
- Engage in deliberate practice! Challenge yourself by targeting weak areas and pushing beyond your comfort zone. Embrace the challenges and continuously seek growth.
- Patience is a virtue! Remember that mastery takes time. Be patient with yourself and acknowledge that progress is incremental. Trust the process and enjoy the journey.
- Seek feedback from teachers, masters, or classmates. Constructive criticism offers valuable insights, identifies areas for improvement, and accelerates your development.
- Stay present and fully engaged in your practice sessions. As in point #2, Be mindful of your technique, focus, and overall performance. Imagine you are in the process of programming a computer. What goes in, is what will come out.
- Inject some variety into your practice routine to avoid monotony and stimulate different aspects of your abilities. Incorporate diverse exercises, drills, or scenarios to keep your training fresh and challenging.
- Cultivate a positive attitude towards practice. Learn from "setbacks" as opportunities for learning and growth. Celebrate the victories and maintain belief in your potential.
- To achieve optimal growth and avoid burnout, it's essential to balance practicing with adequate rest and recovery periods. Taking regular breaks from intense focus and practice is critical to maintaining a healthy, sustainable routine. It's essential for your brain.
There is no perfect!
Perfection is impossible and it's not worth trying to achieve it. Instead, it's better to focus on growth and learning from mistakes.
Here’s what people are saying about Vinny Valentino
Mutual Respect Among Musicians
Vinny Valentino’s Groove Class is a Place of Mutual Respect Among Musicians of ALL Skill Levels and Everyone Has a Voice, Even If You’re In The Process of Finding Yours! I Highly Recommend Checking Us Out!
michelle S - drummer
Learning from Vinny Valentino
This is a rare opportunity to learn groove from Vinny, who plays and records with some of the best musicians on the planet. He knows what it takes and what musicians are looking for in a musical setting.”
Michael Meille - Drummer
Serve the Music
Vinny really reinforces the concept of "serving the music" and my bandmates have noticed. In addition, having access to a "world class" musician and teacher like Vinny, where we not only get top-notch instruction but the ability to create music with him is, in my view, the best way to learn."
Scott Cain - drummer
Frequently asked Questions
The groove class is inclusive of a wide range of instruments. It caters to musicians playing instruments such as drums, bass guitar, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboard/piano, brass instruments (trumpet, trombone, saxophone), woodwind instruments (flute, clarinet), vocals and producers. The emphasis is on developing a solid sense of rhythm and groove that can be applied to any instrument within a musical ensemble.
The groove class is designed for various genres of music, including but not limited to jazz, funk, R&B, rock, and pop. It focuses on developing a strong sense of rhythm, groove, and musicality that can be applied across different musical styles.
If you have no experience recording yourself, don't worry. You can start by simply using your smartphone or any other recording device you have access to. The quality of the recording is not as important as the content itself. Focus on capturing your performance and submit it for evaluation to receive valuable feedback and practical suggestions on areas to practice.
If you perceive yourself as shy and hesitant to participate, it's completely understandable. We recognize that everyone has their own comfort levels when it comes to engagement. It's important to honor your feelings and take steps at your own pace. Remember, the goal is to create a supportive environment that encourages growth. You can start by finding ways to gradually increase your involvement, whether it's by observing initially, joining smaller practice sessions.
You are fully protected by a 100% Satisfaction-Guarantee.
The Groove Class offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy. If you find yourself too busy or dissatisfied with the class, you have the option to pause or stop your subscription at any time.